Sunday, October 30, 2011

REVIEW: The Life & Death of A Plea For Purging - A Plea For Purging


















Band: A Plea For Purging
Album: The Life & Death of A Plea For Purging
Rating: 5/5
Buy: Amazon
MerchNow

Tracklisting:

1. The Life
2. Music City
3. Heart of a Child
4. Miss Fortune
5. My Song (feat. Chad Johnson of HUNDREDTH)
6. Skin & Bones
7. Room for the Dead
8. A Fight for Peace
9. Hell at Our Backs
10. Words Misread
11. Hands & Feet
12. Living the Dream
13. The Death (feat. Chad Urich of Venia)
14. The Setting Sun

Now before I review this album, you must understand I wasn't that into the band when I went into this. However, The Life & Death of A Plea For Purging changed everything I knew about them. The follow-up to 2009's The Marriage of Heaven and Hell, this album explodes in a way I never previously thought possible from this band. Heavy, yet melodic; Soft, yet somehow still powerful. This album has it all including some guest vocals that make those particular tracks stand out even more (My Song which features guest vocals from Chad Johnson of the band HUNDREDTH (on Mediaskare Records) and The Death featuring guest vocals from Chad Urich of Venia (on Blood & Ink Records). This album warped my perception of A Plea For Purging and turned it into possibly one of my favorite albums of 2011 thus far.

Key Tracks:

My Song: Immediately after the soft and subtle interlude that is Miss Fortune, a guitar riff pounds into your ears and sends you into a "break stuff" type of mood. Heavy and moderately paced, My Song was one of my favorite on the album and just when I thought it couldn't get any better, Chad's guest vocals ripped into the song and made it that more devastating and powerful!

Skin & Bones: One of the slowest songs on the album, but that doesn't stop it's power. Completely acoustic and almost eerie, Skin & Bones is a message to the faithful that this body is only a vessel until we pass over to the next life. This song sent chills down my spine the first time I listened to it and (now on my 6th listen of the album), it still does so.

Final Thoughts:

The bottom line is that if there was something you didn't like about Plea before, this album could very well be the one to change your opinion. With crushing guitars, shredding solos, acoustics that will melt your soul, and amazing guest vocals; this album is, in my opinion, one of the best metal albums of 2011 so far. Pick up your copy of The Life & Death of A Plea For Purging on Nov. 8th when it sees its release via FaceDown Records and see for yourself!

0 comments:

Post a Comment