Monday, March 26, 2012

Review: Crown The Empire - Limitless






























Artist: Crown The Empire
Album: Limitless EP
Facebook:
Rating: 5/5

Tracklist:

1. Walls (The Glass Elevator)
2. Breaking Point
3. Wake Me Up
4. Voices
5. Johnny Ringo
6. Limitless (ft. Denis Shaforostov of Make Me Famous)
7. Lead Me Out of the Dark

First of all, let me take the time to apologize for the long period of time I've been inactive on this site. I have been very busy and have had VERY little time to do anything else. But let me assure you that I am still reviewing and I still intend to do reviews, just not as often. Without further ado, here's my first for 2012. Hope you guys enjoy it! Really stoked on this one!

First of all, let me congratulate these guys on their recent signing to Rise Records! They are truly deserving of it! Crown The Empire from Dallas, TX have been making a name for themselves slowly but surely ever since they released their first demo "Breaking Point". In a world where artists have very little control and labels are like tyrants, they broke free and were quite successful with the release of their first EP. This band has unique vocals, powerful screams, moving melodies, and catchy dance-along choruses, what more could you want from an electronic/post-hardcore album right? If that's not enough, they added a little acoustic track at the end just to bring it all to an amazing close. I've been talking to these guys since I started reviewing and let me tell you, they are some of the nicest guys I've ever talked to. They were SO pumped to release "Limitless" and I am equally pumped to review this monumental EP. So sit back, relax, and read on.

Key Tracks:

Johnny Ringo: This track has quite possibly the weirdest intro I've heard in awhile but as the song progresses, it's actually quite powerful. It sealed itself in as my favorite track on the EP as soon as I first heard it! The intro sounds like something you might hear at the circus, but the song itself is amazing. The lyrics are about taking control of your life, claiming what is rightfully yours, and basically giving the finger to anyone who doesn't like it. (But I'm sure there are other interpretations, that's what it means to me.)

Limitless: When I heard the guest vocalist on this track was going to be Denis, I freaked. Denis is quite the vocalist, a little too cocky but he doesn't seem like a bad guy. Putting Crown The Empire and Denis together though? Pure fucking magic! This song is about never settling for anything less than what you deserve. The title says it all. We are limitless! Nothing can hold us back if we truly want something.

Lead Me Out of the Dark: The dark acoustic closing to the album. What can I say about this track except that it's beautiful, heartfelt, amazing, and eerie all in one! Andrew's voice is INCREDIBLE. I don't think this album would be the same without this track.

Final Thoughts:

Well, it's WAAAAY overdue, but I finally got it done. This is quite possibly the best EP to hit my ears in awhile! These guys are gonna go really far! Look for them in a town near you when they start their tour in a few weeks! I'm sure we can expect a full-length from them by the end of the year, too! Don't take my word for how amazing this album is. Go pick it up for yourself! Either on iTunes, on their BigCartel or even better, meet the guys yourself and pick up a copy directly from them at a show!

0 comments:

Post a Comment